Friday, December 5, 2014

Cucalorus!!

This year for Cucalorus, I participated in 10x10 and volunteered to bartend. In retrospect, I shouldn't have signed up for so much. I didn't get to enjoy it as much as i would have liked. However, I did get to see some awesome things.

I went to the opening party at Bellamy Mansion. That was super fun. I got to meet a lot of interesting people and learn about a lot of films in the festival. I also went to Dancealorus. I was underwhelmed by it this year to be honest. My favorite was definitely the group of girls who started out wearing animal masks. That was awesome. I also went to the Black Silkie Shorts (Excellent Shorts) and Orpington Shorts. The Orpington Shorts were super solid. My favorite one was about a finger that lingered in a family's house. It was hilarious but kind of creepy at the same time. Their budget was roughly $500. I love it.

I also went to a 45 minute film called Ellie Lumme. It played at TheaterNow. I went specifically because it was 45 minutes. I guess you're "not supposed to do that". Whatever. The film was really well done and, what i thought, the perfect duration. It was described as "a ghost story with no ghost". I think that's kind of pushing it, but I still really enjoyed it. I would love to make a 45 minute film. That sounds really fun. The short that opened for it was called Peepers. That was probably my favorite short out of the whole festival. This couple is eating dinner when they realized there's a "peeper" outside of their window; however, it's completely NOT what you think. You never see the peeper, but the film insinuated that the peeper judges you about your life. It was super well done. The couple starts freaking out about their fake decorations and fake lives. So great.

I spent the majority of my time in the filmmakers lounge either working or networking. I made a lot of great contacts and friends. I can't wait for next year... hopefully i'll have a film in it. Hopefully i'll at least submit a damn film. I say that every year... fml

No comments:

Post a Comment