Thursday, November 20, 2014

Week 3- Response 2

Honestly, I don't know how I feel about crowdfunding. Once again, Portlandia explains my feelings on something better than I do.

Can'ts Film Festival


Anyways, the whole wikipedia video was super interesting to me. I had no idea that's how it worked. I always heard like "don't trust wikipedia" and what not, and I'm not saying that i'd bank on everything, but it is super interesting to think that a group of people are actually watching and correcting it. It's basically a huge "honor system" with information. I like it.

I'm really interested in crowdsourcing films and art. I don't know if i'd like to do it myself. It kind of gets old to me because in it, everyone pushes connectivity and equality, which you definitely see that... for a brief second. Nothing in the grand scheme of things. Sure, promote it, but how about believe it too. I'm sure that the majority of people sending it videos and reading out your declaration don't actually practice equality. Other than taking the time to make that video and send it in (which might just land them in the public eye), what else are they doing to fix our shitty world?

No comments:

Post a Comment