Thursday, November 20, 2014

Week 4- Response 3

Ok WHATTTTT... why didn't i know there were symphonies where the instruments and singers are miles away? I want and need to go to this place. That is amazing.

One of my favorite lines is "music needs air to breathe". It needs to move and bounce and slowly fall apart. Taking the time to be able to breathe in sound is a pretty powerful experience. I love going to the mountains because you can feel isolated and more understanding of yourself. I think a big part of that feeling is being able to hear your own thoughts. And not just be able to hear them, but able to walk yourself through them. My mind will get completely jumbled. It's a knot that I have a very hard time unraveling. A lot of times, I'll lose it and need complete silence. I get so pissed at any type of sound, even music, when i'm overwhelmed.

The last guy mentioned the most reported complaint was about noise/sound. I'm completely on board with that fact, but that's so obvious. I don't think using that in his defense really worked all that well. If you think about it, of course sound will be reported more than crime or prostitution. With crime and prostitution, the person reporting will have to get involved in some type or way even if it's just a statement. When reporting a noise complaint, that's anonymous. You call the police, bitch about someone, maybe it escalates for the cop, maybe it doesn't, regardless, at the end of the day, the sound is shut down. I just don't think this was a good point.

No comments:

Post a Comment